Debunking the Myths about Mold

mold inspection in Woodbridge

One of the most prevalent issues that homeowners encounter is mold. It can grow swiftly depending on time and temperature, and when water or moisture is present in the home, it can grow in as little as 24 to 48 hours. You’ll have a better grasp of mold and its effects on your health and home once we debunk some common myths about mold growth.

Myth 1: Mold isn’t good for you.

While long-term exposure to mold can be harmful to your health, some molds can also be healthy. Mold present in natural settings aids in the decomposition of organic matter, allowing other creatures to thrive. In the manufacturing of cheese, molds such as Aspergillus flavus are used. Molds are also employed in medicine in some cases. Penicillin, the first antibiotic discovered, was developed in part thanks to the Penicillium mold.

Myth 2: I won’t become sick if I’m exposed to mold on a regular basis.

While not everyone is harmed by mold exposure, all molds have the potential to cause illness or distress, especially in persons who already have respiratory problems. Coughing, congestion and even memory loss are common symptom of mold exposure. So hire a professional company for mold removal in Woodbridge.

Myth 3: Mold spores can be found in almost every setting, including the home environment and the great outdoors.

Mold spores exist in the air you breathe, and entirely eradicating them is nearly impossible. Very high levels of mold in your home can cause a variety of reactions. If you don’t take care of excessive moisture that could lead to mold infestation, it can pose health hazards and cause substantial damage to your property. Hire a professional for mold inspection in Woodbridge to identify the mold in your home and remove them.

Myth 4: Mold can always be seen.

Many individuals believe that just because they can’t see something doesn’t mean it isn’t there. When it comes to mold, seeing isn’t believing because not all varieties of mold are visible. As a result, relying on mold testing in Woodbridge to identify mold is the best option. If you detect a musty odour, it is likely that moisture and mold are present.

Myth 5: Using bleach to kill mold is a good idea.

A lot of individuals use bleach to get rid of mold in their homes. They may not realize, however, that bleach does not kill mold or mold spores. It does nothing but bleach it. In situations where moisture is abundant or where high humidity is common, such as showers in the bathroom, mold will eventually reappear. Cleaning and maintaining surfaces with a solution of household detergent and water can help prevent mold from forming. You can also have mold remediation in Woodbridge performed by experts.

Myth 6: A small area of mold isn’t a big deal.

If the moisture problem is not handled, a small mold problem might become a greater concern. Mold can also spread to any organic surface, as well as your home’s heating and ventilation system. This can lead to a lot of damage and a lot of money spent on repairs.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.